Thursday, May 14, 2020

Pokemon Jigglypuff Dreamcatcher Keychain From Etsy

During the state shutdowns and stay-at-home orders triggered by the Coronavirus, I've been doing more online window shopping, mostly on Ebay and Etsy. With most of the brick-and-mortar stores closed, and government issued orders to leave home only for necessities, I can no longer browse nearby retail stores for fun in my free time. So I've settled for browsing online. And since I still have some 'fun money' put aside, I figure I can treat myself just a little, not to mention support the economy, by paying for shipping charges on an online purchase or two.


This Pokemon Jigglypuff Dreamcatcher keychain came from an Etsy shop called Dream A Sweet Dream. The seller mostly specializes in dreamcatchers and paper flowers. I mentioned dreamcatchers and dreamcatcher keychains in my last post, but this one is unique. It's not everyday you see a dreamcatcher with a Pokemon character on it. Also, I know from watching Pokemon cartoons with my younger brother back in the 1990s that Jigglypuff is a Pokemon with the power to make people fall asleep. So the themeing for this keychain is ideal, in my opinion.

The shop featured many other themed dreamcatchers as well. Some were wall hangings, but others were in keychain form. The Jigglypuff on this particular keychain is a character shoe charm, like the type used to decorate foam clogs. Although the keychain is a bit larger than I expected, when I went back and looked at the listing again it did specifically state that this item is 3 inches long. After my previous experience trying to make a dreamcatcher keychain myself from a kit, which I discussed in my last post, I really appreciate the workmanship that went into this. Based on the quality and the creativity of this keychain, I would definitely recommend the Dream A Sweet Dream Etsy shop. Granted, this Pokemon dreamcatcher might not be the most practical keychain. But I love it.

Also, according to the shop's mission statement, 15 percent of the proceeds from each sale are donated to charity to bring awareness to mental health issues.

Signed, Treesa

2 comments:

  1. How original!!! I love that! Hey, speaking of practicality, have you ever decorated a Christmas tree with your keychains?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used keychains as Christmas tree ornaments myself. However, I have recommended that option to a few other people who I gave customized keychains to as gifts.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete