Friday, June 5, 2020

Another Goodie Box From Heathersmoo

I recently received another fun goodie box from Heathersmoo of Keychain Of The Day on Livejournal. Heather's parents had gone to Hawaii before the whole Corona virus pandemic, and she'd had them pick up a couple keychains for me while they were there. Heather also included some additional items in the package. So, let's take a look.


Here are the two keychains from Hawaii. I love the sea turtle hatching out of the egg. I think I mentioned my fondness for turtles in a past post. I find it interesting that although the keychain was purchased in Hawaii and says Hawaii on it, according to the tag it was manufactured in the Philippines. The turtle and the egg are both made from wood.

The fish keychain seems to be made from some kind of leather. According to Heather, this keychain is modeled on Hawaii's state fish, which is known as the humuhumunukunukuapua'a. (From what I understand, the Hawaiian language has only 13 letters, and as a result a number of native Hawaiian words have repeating syllables.)


Heather also sent me a small notepad from Canada (notepads are always handy things to have around), as well as a handmade kumihimo keychain and an adjustable bracelet/anklet. Kumihimo is a Japanese braiding technique. In the note that Heather sent with the package, she told me that the colors she chose for the bracelet/anklet were inspired by Thin Mint cookies. As a former girl scout, I think this is a fun idea.

And I guess that about wraps up this post. Thanks again Heather! If I end up going on vacation this summer I'll try to return the favor. Although with the current state of the world a summer vacation doesn't seem likely.

Signed, Treesa

2 comments:

  1. I like the turtle the best! You've really got some unique keychains in your collection.

    ReplyDelete